Tuesday, May 31, 2011

September Athlete of the Month - Nick Crucet

How long have you been a CrossFiting?

I have been consistently CrossFiting since May 2009, I started when I was deployed to Iraq. I wanted something different and just loved it.

Why do you do CrossFit?

I CrossFit because everyday is a challenge both physically and mentally. In the middle of every WOD, there is the angle and devil on your shoulders. One is saying keeping going and the other is insisting you quit. I love being challenged like that, blocking out the quit and knowing at the end of every WOD my mind and body is stronger.

How has CrossFit impacted your life?

I have never felt better in my life then I do now. Since I started doing CrossFit and changing my diet to Paleo, my energy levels have gone up, I've lost weight and gained strength. There is no better type of training out there. This is it! Not to mention the community at Full Throttle is like a home away from home. I couldn't ask for more.

Favorite lift/movement/workout?

Clean's/ Handstand & Muscle up/ Hero's

Least favorite lift/movement/workout?

Overhead Squat (because I cant do it!)/ Burpee/ AMRAP's longer than 15 min.

What advice would you give to a new CrossFitter?

Show up, give it your all and DONT' QUIT!!

Tell us something non CrossFit related that people wouldn't know about you.
At night time I turn into a ninja and battle evil samurai. I have a dragon named hot stuff that gets me from my dojo to the coast where I enjoy long walks on the beach and collect my thoughts at sunset. Ok, I'm from Islamorada FL and I've been here in Tucson for about 6-7 years. I married my high school sweet heart 1 year and 8 months ago. I'm in the military where I work as a firefighter. I've been to Iraq 2 times and UAE 1. Both were great experiences and I'm glad I went. I like to work out to Rage Against the Machine, Jimmy Hendrix and don't judge me....... I love to run while listening to Taylor Swift, I have all 3 albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment